On behalf of the Christian Teachers Special Interest Group, we want to wish you a very Merry Christmas! We offer this this short but hopefully helpful creed to help you enjoy the holiday season.
- You shall remember that big hospitality has nothing to do with the size of your wallet but everything to do with the size of heart heart.
- You shall play music loudly and teach your students the joy of wildly off key carols.
- You shall accept that a messy office (or home) at peace is better than immaculate one tied up in knots.
- You shall remember that students will only feel as comfortable in your classroom or your home as you feel in your own skin.
- You shall pause between the preparations to savor the celebrations.
- You shall remember that hospitality has everything to do with opening the door, not about decor or dishes.
- You shall treat your students to the same grace you offer your friends and colleagues.
- You shall leave the to-do lists and lean in on the conversations happening around you.
- You shall, once again, find your identity in the God who came to *be* the gift to you!
- When you contemplate that Christ is the gift for you, you will become a gift to your students and others.